- The White Sox are still shopping Jose Quintana, with the Astros remaining a front-runner. This comes after Bruce Levine claimed the offers for Quintana have increased in value. Sox have repotedly asked for Joe Musgrove, Francis Marte and Kyle Tucker from the Astros which was rejected.
- White Sox agreed to a minor league contract with left-hander Cory Luebke.
- Indians signed Kelvin De La Cruz, Steve Delabar and Travis Banwart to minor league deals.
- Brandon Guyer signed with the Indians. The outfield received a two-year, $5mm contract that has $400k in plate-appearance based bonuses. The Indians acquired Guyer last year at the trade deadline before their push to the World Series.
- Tigers acquired Mikie Mahtook in a trade with the Rays for a player to be named later or cash considerations. To clear a spot for Mahtook the Tigers designated Anthony Gose for assignment.
- According to one Major League executive the Tigers are looking to cut payroll.
- The Royals signed Danny Duffy to a contract extension worth $5MM in 2017, $14MM in 2018, $15.25MM in 2019-20, and $15.5MM in 2020.
- Twins second baseman Brian Dozier appears to be a target for the Dodgers as they look to fill their gap at that position.